Oscar De La Hoya announces boxing comeback

At 48-years-old, the boxing legend has circled July 3 for his return to the ring.

He had been teasing a return to the ring for quite some time and "The Golden Boy" made it official Friday. Oscar De La Hoya announced his boxing comeback during a Triller Fight Club press conference, while speaking with Snoop Dogg.

"July 3, I'm making my comeback," said De La Hoya seconds before adding emphasis to his declaration with a mic drop.

While De La Hoya didn't reveal who his opponent will be, he did throw out a familiar foe's name while speaking with  DAZN’s Boxing with Chris Mannix earlier in the week.

“We all know that a (Floyd) Mayweather fight would be massive,” said De La Hoya, who dropped a split decision to Mayweather back in May 2007.

During that same interview, De La Hoya told Mannix that "Mike Tyson inspired the hell out of me" and that “I’ve been training for quite a while now, and I actually sparred the other day, and I didn’t know I was that good."

The former six-division world champion, turned promoter with Golden Boy Promotions, last fought December 2008, when he lost to Manny Pacquiao.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



source https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxing/oscar-de-la-hoya-announces-boxing-comeback/4p589cehq4gx1a2xihf5brxx9&ct=ga&cd=CAIyGjM5YWU2NzNiY2UyZGJkMGI6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AFQjCNGs_ZaLbyUPDjq0Ji7dCFVIxx6ELw

0 comments: